Skip to main content

Rest Divine!

Greetings World:

So often people that give back, volunteer, or help others in some form or fashion don't give much of anything for themselves. Is this you? It is ok to to admit it. Confession is testimony to your soon deliverance.

When we take time for ourselves and rest in our own way, we give our mind the ability to think free thoughts. Our aspirations, goals, and plans can be mapped out. Developing a time and space to do so will also give the mind the creative ideas to form and gain inspiration to get things done.

Today I walked into Divine Connections Hair Salon in Brooklyn, NY. It was such a nice experience. I was offered tea; which was right on point because this laryngitis has not gone away. I was able to view nice reading material. Steve Harvey's new book, 'Act like a Lady, Think Like A Man' was one I chose to pick up. I will be purchasing it! Thanks Mr. Harvey. God Bless ya the more!

As I sat under the dryer sipping my tea I thought of the things I plan to accomplish. I envisioned myself there. I then read the beginning the Mr. Harvey's advice on relationships. I thought of how it related to past relationships and how I'd go about things in future relationships.

They had very nice customer service. Before leaving out with a new do, I received literature on events in my community and coupons for local businesses -including their spa. I now know of more places in my diverse community, met new people, look and feel good. I made time for me and by doing so was able to feel even better the next day.

I wished I was able to write for you all while I was at the spa yet, I had no connection. It was actually good for me though because it was time to relax. Be Blessed! Paz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tea at MEC!

Left: Dr. Patricia Ramsey, President Medgar Evers College and Right: Yours Truly, Melanie Lewis  Hello ThresholdWorld Fam, It’s been a while so we’re gonna start off with some flavorful news to warm your spirit.  Sunday, August 28th was the Medgar Evers College (MEC) Pre-Inaugural High Tea Fundraiser in honor of the Sixth President, Dr. Patricia Ramsey.  President Ramsey is the first female and scientist to serve at the college. You’ve got to read her fascinating bio of accomplishments.  https://www.mec.cuny.edu/office-of-the-president/  While contributing to the history she really just wants to make a difference to students and the school community.  She also has cool ties to the schools namesake in  her family tree. Her very own cousin Curtis Harris, served to make sure Medgar Evers legacy was protected back in Mississippi years ago. She shared these sentiments to those of us in attendance as we sipped our tea and tipped our hats in her honor. Speaki...

Holiday Lights!

Greetings! ThresholdWorld Fam, I love how  Hanukkah  (which means dedication in Hebrew) is celebrated with eight nights of reciting blessings and lighting the menorah. Then about two weeks later the action of giving is celebrated with multicolored lights, decor, the birth the Jesus Christ and the message of love as a light to the world. The very day after is Kwanzaa . An African American and Pan African holiday celebrating family, community and culture. The Seven Principals, Nguzo Saba are celebrated by lighting a candle each day which has a specific meaning. Hanukkah Pic: Modern_Ritual Below is an excerpt from Dr. Maulanga Karenga , Founder of Kwanzaa. The message this year is Reimagining and Remaking the World: A Kwanzaa Commitment to an Inclusive Good. "And Kwanzaa is a celebration of freedom, of the free space we have created to honor ourselves, to remember, reflect and recommit ourselves. It is a celebration of hearts and minds free from self-doubt, self-deni...

Honeydew Holistics!

Hello World,  I recently had the pleasure of introducing Alicia Hudson, owner of Honeydew Holistics , for a women's history month event at Borough of Manhattan Community College . Ms. Hudson gave a very informative presentation on womb wellness, to a diverse audience that continued to want more! I followed up by booking a Yoni Steaming, the main service provided at her new shop located in DUMBO (Down Under The Manhattan Bridge Overpass) at 53 Bridge St. in Brooklyn, NY. - A little bit of history : The neighborhoods of DUMBO and Vinegar Hill (named differently in the 1800's) housed a  free black community. Brooklyn's anti-slavery movement began in 1810 and there were black-owned businesses in this very area.  Yours truly, Melanie on site. 53 Bridge St. Ms. Hudson referenced that Essence Magazine had an event in the area some time ago which introduced her to the community. She loves her magazines as they've been the source of much inspiration in her life and business. It...