Skip to main content

Action!

It's the last day of the first month in the year 2012. What have you started or finished? Perhaps you're in the middle of an initiative or are someone that's still thinking about it. Well I will tell you about me. As I stood on my quiet selling floor today I looked up Og Mandino, the late author of 'The Greatest Salesman in the World.' Though I never read this book I knew of its acclaim and inspiration. I found a website devoted to his legacy, and 'supporting and deepening the journey of personal growth and self improvement' as written at www.ogmandino.com. Once one clicks the link to Og for the 21st Century (since the original work was done in 1968) the reader will see a quote to the right. It reads: "My dreams are worthless, my plans are dust, my goals are impossible. All are of no value unless they are followed by action. I will act Now!'- Og Mandino. I was inspired to make something happen for my life after reading that quote. Though the beginning may put one in awe the end will set em free! Like ethyl alcohol on a fresh cut, it hurts; but the affected area won't get germs due to the action of pouring the aid to prevent infection. Words are powerful and so are we when we take action. Merriam Webster defines action as a manner or method of performing. An act of will. A thing done: Deed. The accomplishment of a thing usually over a period of time instages, or with the possibility of repitition. The plural refers to behavior or conduct. So I figured my action towards my dreams, plans and goals must now be my purpose. I must work at it continuosly over time. Be the star of my own performance, and one day someone else will recognize my talent and seek my services. For if we don't celebrate ourselves sometime and do what is necessary for us to get to the next level, Why? World, would anyone else... 1...2...3 Action! Be Blessed in 2012 and beyond! Paz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tea at MEC!

Left: Dr. Patricia Ramsey, President Medgar Evers College and Right: Yours Truly, Melanie Lewis  Hello ThresholdWorld Fam, It’s been a while so we’re gonna start off with some flavorful news to warm your spirit.  Sunday, August 28th was the Medgar Evers College (MEC) Pre-Inaugural High Tea Fundraiser in honor of the Sixth President, Dr. Patricia Ramsey.  President Ramsey is the first female and scientist to serve at the college. You’ve got to read her fascinating bio of accomplishments.  https://www.mec.cuny.edu/office-of-the-president/  While contributing to the history she really just wants to make a difference to students and the school community.  She also has cool ties to the schools namesake in  her family tree. Her very own cousin Curtis Harris, served to make sure Medgar Evers legacy was protected back in Mississippi years ago. She shared these sentiments to those of us in attendance as we sipped our tea and tipped our hats in her honor. Speaking of fashion  Michael Kors was on

Honeydew Holistics!

Hello World,  I recently had the pleasure of introducing Alicia Hudson, owner of Honeydew Holistics , for a women's history month event at Borough of Manhattan Community College . Ms. Hudson gave a very informative presentation on womb wellness, to a diverse audience that continued to want more! I followed up by booking a Yoni Steaming, the main service provided at her new shop located in DUMBO (Down Under The Manhattan Bridge Overpass) at 53 Bridge St. in Brooklyn, NY. - A little bit of history : The neighborhoods of DUMBO and Vinegar Hill (named differently in the 1800's) housed a  free black community. Brooklyn's anti-slavery movement began in 1810 and there were black-owned businesses in this very area.  Yours truly, Melanie on site. 53 Bridge St. Ms. Hudson referenced that Essence Magazine had an event in the area some time ago which introduced her to the community. She loves her magazines as they've been the source of much inspiration in her life and business. It

Womb Wellness, Education and Celebration!

  Greetings, In May of 2003, I was 7 months pregnant and 10 days shy of my college graduation.  I’d be the first in my family to complete a degree at the time. My mom attended college, yet as a wife and mother in the 1960's, she didn't receive the support needed to continue. Her act in going inspired me. I was filled with so much promise, yet I'd need to develop a new plan. How would I care for a new life, while navigating a career in the real world? Naturally, I continued on with life discovering various paths, yet carrying so much in my womb unknowingly. Joy, Trauma and DisEase included. ——-Fast forward 17 years later ….my daughter would make me aware of a brand which would take me on journey to womb wellness.  Watch as I have a conversation with Genyii of Ahura Apothecary . Genyii is a certified mindfulness and womb wellness coach, holistic birthing doula, mother, community herbalist and owner/founder of Ahura Apothecary. In the video we discuss our journey to the sacre