Skip to main content

Spreading Love's Message

"If I can spread love's message, as the master taught, then my living shall not be in vain!"- Check out this video. Billy Eckstine sings 'If I can Help Somebody' as a guest on the Nat King Cole Show in 1957.

I thought of this video as I thought of my birthday and what I'd like to accomplish in my life. My birthday is on Tuesday, February 23. I will be 32 years old! I believe writing is a part my purpose. My world gets bigger each day I learn, read and share experiences with you. I hope that your world is becoming bigger as well.

Many people in the world are celebrating valentines day today. It's a beautiful thing to spread love. I will not sugar coat the love of Jesus. -Been good to me all my life. Whomever the creator is to you, believe and have faith that your ideas can become a reality and you too can make a difference in the world.

Regardless of your race, social economic status, career, political views, who you know or don't know, your circumstances can change when you spread love and think positive! Peace, Blessings and Love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tea at MEC!

Left: Dr. Patricia Ramsey, President Medgar Evers College and Right: Yours Truly, Melanie Lewis  Hello ThresholdWorld Fam, It’s been a while so we’re gonna start off with some flavorful news to warm your spirit.  Sunday, August 28th was the Medgar Evers College (MEC) Pre-Inaugural High Tea Fundraiser in honor of the Sixth President, Dr. Patricia Ramsey.  President Ramsey is the first female and scientist to serve at the college. You’ve got to read her fascinating bio of accomplishments.  https://www.mec.cuny.edu/office-of-the-president/  While contributing to the history she really just wants to make a difference to students and the school community.  She also has cool ties to the schools namesake in  her family tree. Her very own cousin Curtis Harris, served to make sure Medgar Evers legacy was protected back in Mississippi years ago. She shared these sentiments to those of us in attendance as we sipped our tea and tipped our hats in her honor. Speaki...

Holiday Lights!

Greetings! ThresholdWorld Fam, I love how  Hanukkah  (which means dedication in Hebrew) is celebrated with eight nights of reciting blessings and lighting the menorah. Then about two weeks later the action of giving is celebrated with multicolored lights, decor, the birth the Jesus Christ and the message of love as a light to the world. The very day after is Kwanzaa . An African American and Pan African holiday celebrating family, community and culture. The Seven Principals, Nguzo Saba are celebrated by lighting a candle each day which has a specific meaning. Hanukkah Pic: Modern_Ritual Below is an excerpt from Dr. Maulanga Karenga , Founder of Kwanzaa. The message this year is Reimagining and Remaking the World: A Kwanzaa Commitment to an Inclusive Good. "And Kwanzaa is a celebration of freedom, of the free space we have created to honor ourselves, to remember, reflect and recommit ourselves. It is a celebration of hearts and minds free from self-doubt, self-deni...

Honeydew Holistics!

Hello World,  I recently had the pleasure of introducing Alicia Hudson, owner of Honeydew Holistics , for a women's history month event at Borough of Manhattan Community College . Ms. Hudson gave a very informative presentation on womb wellness, to a diverse audience that continued to want more! I followed up by booking a Yoni Steaming, the main service provided at her new shop located in DUMBO (Down Under The Manhattan Bridge Overpass) at 53 Bridge St. in Brooklyn, NY. - A little bit of history : The neighborhoods of DUMBO and Vinegar Hill (named differently in the 1800's) housed a  free black community. Brooklyn's anti-slavery movement began in 1810 and there were black-owned businesses in this very area.  Yours truly, Melanie on site. 53 Bridge St. Ms. Hudson referenced that Essence Magazine had an event in the area some time ago which introduced her to the community. She loves her magazines as they've been the source of much inspiration in her life and business. It...