Skip to main content

Glowing Pyched for 2010 Olympics!!!!!!


Olympic Pictures »Public Gallery

Apologies for not posting on Thursday, but TGIF! Special Friday Countdown to the Olympics which begin on next Friday, February 12-28, 2010 in Vancouver, Canada!

"With Glowing Hearts" is the theme. Went online to check out prices to attend the opening ceremonies. Ouch! 1000+ ThresholdWorld will plan to attend Rio 2016. We will save now to be seated for those opening ceremonies and have a Workacation!

Check out the web sites linked throughout this post for all the details. So many new and exciting plans in store with the Paralympic and new youth Olympics underway in August. Just check it out.

Imagine, the world is watching and competing for the Gold! -So you know I, Melanie am writing this blog today. I will never forget watching the 1996 Olympics with my Czech Family in the Czech Republic. Thanks to UTube I can revisit and you with me. Boyz 2 Men were singing the National Anthem. You should have seen the look my home stays' face.

They hated it! I couldn't believe it. I think I said it's harmony. I guess they thought it was noise. Hey I got nothing but love for you guys!

On the other hand in my camp setting the Fugees was being played. I couldn't believe it! Honestly, this is the very first cd I ever purchased! Music is universal. It does bring people together and so does sports. This sport event is the most watched in the world!

Enjoy! I'm not gonna get too deep or more detailed about this subject. Just go online they're on Facebook too! If you know a teen that would like to experience an international camp and home stay experience like the one I had, check out the International YMCA Global Teens Travel Program today! Plenty other programs are out there if you don't fit this category. Just Google your interest today!

Be Blessed people of the world!-Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tea at MEC!

Left: Dr. Patricia Ramsey, President Medgar Evers College and Right: Yours Truly, Melanie Lewis  Hello ThresholdWorld Fam, It’s been a while so we’re gonna start off with some flavorful news to warm your spirit.  Sunday, August 28th was the Medgar Evers College (MEC) Pre-Inaugural High Tea Fundraiser in honor of the Sixth President, Dr. Patricia Ramsey.  President Ramsey is the first female and scientist to serve at the college. You’ve got to read her fascinating bio of accomplishments.  https://www.mec.cuny.edu/office-of-the-president/  While contributing to the history she really just wants to make a difference to students and the school community.  She also has cool ties to the schools namesake in  her family tree. Her very own cousin Curtis Harris, served to make sure Medgar Evers legacy was protected back in Mississippi years ago. She shared these sentiments to those of us in attendance as we sipped our tea and tipped our hats in her honor. Speaki...

Holiday Lights!

Greetings! ThresholdWorld Fam, I love how  Hanukkah  (which means dedication in Hebrew) is celebrated with eight nights of reciting blessings and lighting the menorah. Then about two weeks later the action of giving is celebrated with multicolored lights, decor, the birth the Jesus Christ and the message of love as a light to the world. The very day after is Kwanzaa . An African American and Pan African holiday celebrating family, community and culture. The Seven Principals, Nguzo Saba are celebrated by lighting a candle each day which has a specific meaning. Hanukkah Pic: Modern_Ritual Below is an excerpt from Dr. Maulanga Karenga , Founder of Kwanzaa. The message this year is Reimagining and Remaking the World: A Kwanzaa Commitment to an Inclusive Good. "And Kwanzaa is a celebration of freedom, of the free space we have created to honor ourselves, to remember, reflect and recommit ourselves. It is a celebration of hearts and minds free from self-doubt, self-deni...

Honeydew Holistics!

Hello World,  I recently had the pleasure of introducing Alicia Hudson, owner of Honeydew Holistics , for a women's history month event at Borough of Manhattan Community College . Ms. Hudson gave a very informative presentation on womb wellness, to a diverse audience that continued to want more! I followed up by booking a Yoni Steaming, the main service provided at her new shop located in DUMBO (Down Under The Manhattan Bridge Overpass) at 53 Bridge St. in Brooklyn, NY. - A little bit of history : The neighborhoods of DUMBO and Vinegar Hill (named differently in the 1800's) housed a  free black community. Brooklyn's anti-slavery movement began in 1810 and there were black-owned businesses in this very area.  Yours truly, Melanie on site. 53 Bridge St. Ms. Hudson referenced that Essence Magazine had an event in the area some time ago which introduced her to the community. She loves her magazines as they've been the source of much inspiration in her life and business. It...