Skip to main content

I'm Pregnant and Planning for Showers of Blessings!

Hello World!- I'm so prego.


For too long I've been carrying information and ideas to inform and inspire us into action. I'm sharing this with you today because you may also be pregnant. -There is a love for many things so people are always getting busy. The evidence of our passion is in preparing to give birth now.

Even the holy scriptures are comparable to our individual desires; "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations, Jeremiah 1:4-5. Geez, perhaps that was for me! -I claim it. What do you claim today? What dormant idea need you speak life over today?

(More inspiration by Alisha.)

I'm throwing us a shower! Yes, a virtual shower. It's for us to give thanks and share wisdom related to our new responsibilities, people, and the places we'll go. Thanks for stopping by today. Congratulations on the new things.

Be Blessed!


Click on the following gifts of information for the new journey: Feel free to share additional gifts in the posts.

NYC Small Business Services

Mentors for Woman Entrepreneurs in NYC.

Inspirational Quotes complied by Richard Harroch of Forbes

Goldman Sachs/Talks at GS

She Speaks Conference Info

National Association of Christian Entrepreneurs

Idea Champions

Entrepreneur Magazine

The Queen Code

Black Enterprise

Smart CEO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tea at MEC!

Left: Dr. Patricia Ramsey, President Medgar Evers College and Right: Yours Truly, Melanie Lewis  Hello ThresholdWorld Fam, It’s been a while so we’re gonna start off with some flavorful news to warm your spirit.  Sunday, August 28th was the Medgar Evers College (MEC) Pre-Inaugural High Tea Fundraiser in honor of the Sixth President, Dr. Patricia Ramsey.  President Ramsey is the first female and scientist to serve at the college. You’ve got to read her fascinating bio of accomplishments.  https://www.mec.cuny.edu/office-of-the-president/  While contributing to the history she really just wants to make a difference to students and the school community.  She also has cool ties to the schools namesake in  her family tree. Her very own cousin Curtis Harris, served to make sure Medgar Evers legacy was protected back in Mississippi years ago. She shared these sentiments to those of us in attendance as we sipped our tea and tipped our hats in her honor. Speaki...

Holiday Lights!

Greetings! ThresholdWorld Fam, I love how  Hanukkah  (which means dedication in Hebrew) is celebrated with eight nights of reciting blessings and lighting the menorah. Then about two weeks later the action of giving is celebrated with multicolored lights, decor, the birth the Jesus Christ and the message of love as a light to the world. The very day after is Kwanzaa . An African American and Pan African holiday celebrating family, community and culture. The Seven Principals, Nguzo Saba are celebrated by lighting a candle each day which has a specific meaning. Hanukkah Pic: Modern_Ritual Below is an excerpt from Dr. Maulanga Karenga , Founder of Kwanzaa. The message this year is Reimagining and Remaking the World: A Kwanzaa Commitment to an Inclusive Good. "And Kwanzaa is a celebration of freedom, of the free space we have created to honor ourselves, to remember, reflect and recommit ourselves. It is a celebration of hearts and minds free from self-doubt, self-deni...

Honeydew Holistics!

Hello World,  I recently had the pleasure of introducing Alicia Hudson, owner of Honeydew Holistics , for a women's history month event at Borough of Manhattan Community College . Ms. Hudson gave a very informative presentation on womb wellness, to a diverse audience that continued to want more! I followed up by booking a Yoni Steaming, the main service provided at her new shop located in DUMBO (Down Under The Manhattan Bridge Overpass) at 53 Bridge St. in Brooklyn, NY. - A little bit of history : The neighborhoods of DUMBO and Vinegar Hill (named differently in the 1800's) housed a  free black community. Brooklyn's anti-slavery movement began in 1810 and there were black-owned businesses in this very area.  Yours truly, Melanie on site. 53 Bridge St. Ms. Hudson referenced that Essence Magazine had an event in the area some time ago which introduced her to the community. She loves her magazines as they've been the source of much inspiration in her life and business. It...